Heart healthy French lentils with a zingy vinaigrette, walnuts & goat cheese. A meal in itself.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (3) shallots or 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup (1 large) carrot, diced
- 1 tsp (2 cloves) garlic, minced
- Coq au Vin blend
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups French Green (Puy) lentils
- 2 cups water
- French dressing: 1/4 cup olive oil + 1/8 cup red wine vinegar + 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat oil in cooker on sauté function and add shallot/onion, carrot and garlic; stir for 2 minutes. 2) Sprinkle in the Coq Au Vin blend; stir in the tomato paste, lentils and water. 3) Secure the cooker lid and set pressure valve to Sealing; press the Manual/Pressure Cook button and adjust the cook time to 10 minutes. 4) Once cooked, turn the dial to Venting and use Vent with Quick Pressure Release. 5) Make the dressing and stir into the cooked lentil mixture; top with walnuts, crumbled goat cheese and Italian parsley.
Pair with a Txakolina or a Picpoul de Pinet to match the acidity of the dressing.
Other recipes you might like