Quick, low fat red pepper & garbanzos in a mild tomato curry spiced sauce.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups (1 medium) onion
- 2 tsp garlic (4 cloves) minced
- 2 x 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 jar (8 oz) roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- Indian Dal blend
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- For serving: Basmati rice
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat the oil in a skillet; add and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes; transfer to cooker. 2) Stir in garbanzo beans, roasted red pepper, Indian Dal blend, paprika, salt, tomato sauce & water. 3) Cover and cook on LOW: 7-6 hours or HIGH: 3 hrs.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat the oil on sauté function; add and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. 2) Stir in garbanzo beans, roasted red pepper, Indian Dal blend, paprika, salt, tomato sauce & water. 3) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 6 minutes. 4) Vent using Quick Pressure Release.
Serve over fluffy, steamed basmati rice with an optional spoonful of yogurt.
Other recipes you might like