Red lentils in a creamy coconut curry broth, vegan comfort food for the soul.
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups (1 medium) onion, small dice
- 2 tsp (4 cloves) garlic, minced
- Indian Dal blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup red lentils, washed and picked over
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- For serving: basmati rice or naan bread to serve
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat oil in a skillet on medium; sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes. 2) Transfer onion mixture to cooker. 3) Sprinkle the Indian Dal blend; add salt, pepper, tomato paste, red lentils, broth & coconut milk. 4) Stir, cover and cook on LOW: 6 hours or HIGH: 2 1/2-3 hours.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat oil on sauté function; soften onion and garlic for 2 minutes . 2) Stir in Indian Dal blend, salt, pepper, tomato paste, red lentils, broth & coconut milk . 3) Secure cooker lid and set pressure valve to Sealing. 4) Cook on Manual/Pressure for 5 minutes. 5) Vent with Quick Pressure Release.
Spoon the dal over brown basmati rice or serve as a curry side dish with naan bread.
Other recipes you might like