An easy, flavorful meatball soup with orzo pasta.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (1 small) onion, diced
- 1 cup (2 celery) ribs, diced
- 1 cup (2 medium) carrots, diced
- 16 oz meatballs, frozen*
- Tuscan blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups chicken broth plus 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup orzo or other small pasta acini di pepe
- 2 cups kale or spinach, chopped
- For serving: parmesan cheese
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat the oil in a skillet; cook onion, celery and carrot for 4 minutes; transfer to cooker. 2) Add the meatballs to cooker; stir in the Tuscan blend, salt, broth & water. 3) Cover and cook on LOW: 7 hours or HIGH: 3 hours. 4) 30 minutes from the end of cooking turn cooker to HIGH; add the orzo/pasta. 5) Stir in the kale/spinach. 6) Serve with a generous spoonful of parmesan cheese.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat oil on sauté function; cook onion, celery and carrot for 4 minutes. 2) Add the meatballs; stir in the Tuscan blend, salt, broth, water & orzo/pasta. 3) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 8 minutes. 4) Vent with Quick Pressure Release. 5) Stir in the kale/spinach. 6) Serve with a generous spoonful of parmesan cheese.
*Fresh meatball recipe: mix 8 oz lean ground beef, 8 oz ground pork, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded, 1 large egg, salt & pepper; form into small meatballs.
Other recipes you might like