A classic white bean soup packed with vegetables and Italian herbs.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups (4 medium) celery ribs, sliced
- 1-½ cups (2 large) carrots, diced
- 2 cups (1 large) red onion, diced
- 2 tsp (4 cloves) garlic, minced
- 4 oz pancetta or 4 thick slices bacon, cut into cubes*
- 14.5 oz can Cannellini beans, drained
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth plus 1 cup water
- Tuscan blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- half bunch kale
- For serving: parmesan cheese, crusty bread
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat the oil in a skillet; cook celery, carrot, onion, garlic & bacon for 3 minutes; transfer to cooker. 2) Add beans, tomatoes, broth, water, Tuscan blend & salt. 3) Stir, cover and cook on LOW: 8 hours or HIGH: 4 hours. 4) Remove lid and stir in the kale. 5) Serve with a generous spoonful of shaved parmesan cheese.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat the oil on sauté function; cook celery, carrot, onion, garlic & bacon for 3 minutes. 2) Add beans, tomatoes, broth, water, Tuscan blend & salt. 3) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 6 minutes. 4) Vent with Quick Pressure Release. 5) Serve with a generous spoonful of parmesan cheese.
*For a meat-free alternative, switch out the bacon for 1/2 cup (2 oz dried) porcini mushrooms.
Other recipes you might like