A simple lemon chicken recipe with a zing!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 - 1/2 lbs chicken thighs, bone in skin on
- 1- 1/2 tsp (3 cloves) garlic, minced
- Coq au Vin blend
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 24 Kalamata olives
- * optional 1 lb baby potatoes
- * slices of fresh lemon to serve
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat oil in a heavy saucepan & brown chicken in two batches; transfer chicken to cooker. 2) Stir in the garlic; sprinkle with Coq au Vin blend 5) Pour lemon juice & broth over chicken mixture 6) Add olives, potatoes (if using) 7) Cover and cook on LOW: 6-7 hrs or HIGH: 3 hrs.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat oil on sauté function & brown chicken in two batches, remove chicken onto a plate. 2) Turn off sauté function & stir in the garlic 3) Add chicken pieces back to the cooker 4) Sprinkle with Coq au Vin blend 5) Pour lemon juice & broth over chicken mixture 6) Add olives, potatoes (if using) Secure the cooker lid; seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 15 minutes. 5) Vent with Quick Pressure Release.
- Oven Cook: 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 2) In a small bowl mix the olive oil, Coq au Vin blend & garlic and rub onto the chicken pieces. 3) Transfer chicken mixture to a shallow ovenproof dish. 4) Pour the lemon juice & broth over the chicken mixture; add the olives, potatoes (if using). 5) Cover the dish loosely with aluminum foil (remove halfway through cooking) and bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
Sauce: If you prefer a thicker sauce, mix 2 tbsp corn starch with 2 tbsp cold water & stir into the juices in the bottom of the cooker.
Other recipes you might like