“Gigantes Plaki” in Greek, large white beans smothered in a rich tomato sauce with fresh herbs & feta.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (1 small) onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (2 cloves) garlic, sliced
- 2 x 15 oz cans Butter Beans, drained & rinsed *
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Coq Au Vin blend
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 14.5oz can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broth
- 4oz chard, spinach or kale, washed and chopped (if using chard - trimmed, stalks removed "de-veined")
- small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- small bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 4 oz feta, crumbled
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat the oil in a skillet; sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes; transfer to cooker. 2) Stir in the beans, paprika, salt, Coq au Vin blend, tomato puree, tomatoes, broth, and chard 3) Cover and cook on LOW: 7-8 hours or HIGH: 2-3 hrs. 4) Stir in the fresh herbs & crumble feta cheese over the top to serve.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat the oil on sauté function; sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes. 2) Stir in the beans, paprika, salt, Coq au Vin blend, tomato puree, tomatoes, broth, and chard. 3) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 8 minutes. 4) Quick Pressure Release. 5) Stir in the fresh herbs and crumble feta cheese over the top to serve.
*Replace 2 cans drained beans with 2 cups (1lb) butter beans, rinsed, unsoaked. Adjust cook time as follows:
Slow Cook: LOW: 9-10 hours or HIGH: 4 hrs
Pressure Cook: 40 minutes
Also makes a tasty soup! Just increase the vegetable broth from 1 1/2 cups to 6 cups when cooking.
Other recipes you might like