Caramelized sweet white onion & white bean soup, with a salty Gruyère cheese topping.
- 3 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 8 cups (4 large) onions, thin half moon slices (1/3 cm)
- 2 tsp (4 cloves) garlic, minced
- Coq Au Vin blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 x 14 oz cans Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups beef or vegetable broth
- Gruyère Toasts: 1 baguette, sliced; 6 oz Gruyère cheese, shaved
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat butter/oil in a skillet; add onions and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes. 2) Transfer to the cooker; stir in Coq au Vin blend, salt, sugar, Cannellini beans & broth. 3) Stir, cover and cook on LOW: 7 - 8 hours or HIGH: 3 1/2 hours. 4) Before serving, heat your broiler, top the baguette slices with Gruyere and broil until golden. 5) Spoon the soup into bowls and top with the Gruyere toasts.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat oil on sauté function; sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes. 2) Stir in the Coq au Vin Blend, salt, sugar, Cannellini beans & broth. 3) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 6 minutes. 4) Natural Pressure Release for 5 minutes; in the meantime, heat your broiler, top the baguette slices with Gruyère and broil until golden. 5) Vent with Quick Pressure Release. 6) Spoon the soup into bowls and top with the Gruyère toasts.
Other recipes you might like