Perfect make ahead lentil dip for a party & very tasty too!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups (1 medium) onion, diced
- 1/2 cup (1 large) carrot, diced
- 2 tsp (4 cloves) garlic, minced
- 1 small green chili, chopped (optional)
- Indian Dal blend
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups (10oz) French green lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups (24 fl oz) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- For serving: toasted pita, tortilla chips or crudités
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat oil in a skillet on medium; sauté onion, carrot, garlic & green chili for 2 minutes. 2) Transfer onion mixture to cooker. 3) Sprinkle the Indian Dal blend; add the tomato paste, French green lentils, salt & broth. 4) Stir, cover and cook on LOW: 5 hours or HIGH: 2 1/2 hours. 5) Cool and stir in the sour cream and lemon juice.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat the oil on sauté function; add the onion, carrot, garlic & green chili for 2 minutes. 2) Stir in Indian Dal blend; add tomato paste, French green lentils, salt & broth. 3) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 9 minutes. 4) Vent with Quick Pressure Release. 5) Cool and stir in the sour cream and lemon juice.
Serve with toasted pita, tortilla chips or crudités.
Other recipes you might like