A mouthwatering sweet & savory chicken in white wine dish.
- 2-½ lbs bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp flour (can sub GF flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 thick slices bacon, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 large shallots, diced, (or 1 small onion, diced)
- 2 tsp (4 cloves) garlic, minced
- 8oz pack mushrooms, sliced
- Coq au Vin blend
- 1-1/2 cups (12 fl oz) Riesling or other medium dry white wine
- Slow Cook: 1) Toss chicken in flour and salt to coat. 2) Heat oil in a skillet on medium and brown chicken for 3 minutes skin side down; transfer to the cooker with the remaining flour. 3) In the same skillet sauté the bacon, shallots & garlic for 3 minutes; add the mixture to the cooker. 4) Add the mushrooms; sprinkle in the Coq Au Vin blend; add the wine. 5) Stir, cover, and cook on LOW: 7-8 hours or HIGH: 3-4 hours.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Toss chicken in flour and salt to coat. 2) Heat the oil on sauté function; brown chicken for 3 minutes skin side down; remove & set aside on a plate. 3) Add bacon, onion, garlic, & mushrooms to cooker & sauté for 2 minutes. 4) Return chicken to the cooker; add the Coq Au Vin blend and wine. 5) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 15 minutes. 6) Vent with Quick Pressure Release after cooking.
Serve with thick slices of French baguette and a fresh green salad with walnuts, lemon juice & olive oil.
For a richer dish, stir in 1/2 cup heavy cream after cooking.
Pair with a fruity white wine.
Other recipes you might like