A fragrant chicken curry with citrus notes. Gluten and dairy free.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp (2 inch) piece ginger, minced
- 1 tsp (2 cloves) garlic, crushed
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- Indian Dal blend
- 6 oz cilantro (2 medium bunches, including stems)
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- For serving: rice or naan
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the ginger, garlic & jalapeño for 2 minutes over medium heat. 2) Transfer to the cooker. 3) Rub the chicken with salt and Indian Dal blend; place in the cooker. 4) In a small blender, chop cilantro with the water and lemon juice (or if you don't have a blender, roughly chop cilantro and stir into the slow cooker with water and lemon juice). 5) Transfer to the slow cooker. 6) Stir, cover and cook on LOW: 7-8 hours or HIGH: 3-4 hours.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat the oil on sauté function; add ginger, garlic & jalapeño and cook for 2 minutes. 2) Rub the chicken with salt and Indian Dal blend; add to cooker. 3) In a small blender, chop cilantro with the water and lemon juice; add to cooker and stir. 4) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 12 minutes. 5) Vent with Quick Pressure Release.
Serve over rice, or with warm naan bread.
Pair with a cold lager style beer.
Other recipes you might like