A low fat chicken soup with black beans flavored with cumin, smoked paprika, and oregano.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (1 small) onion, diced
- 1 cup (1 small) red bell pepper, diced
- Southwest Fiesta blend
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 15 oz can black beans
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, chopped (optional)
- 4 cups (32 fl oz) chicken broth (plus 1 cup (8 oz) water for pressure cooking)
- For serving: tortilla chips, sour cream, avocado, diced onion, lime juice
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat the oil in a skillet on a medium heat; cook onion and pepper for 2 minutes. 2) Transfer the onion mixture to cooker. 3) Add Southwest Fiesta blend, chicken, black beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, chipotle chili & chicken broth. 4) Stir, cover and cook on LOW: 6 hours or HIGH: 2-½ hours. 5) Remove chicken breast, shred with 2 forks and return to the cooker.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat oil on sauté function; cook onion and pepper for 2 minutes. 2) Add Southwest Fiesta blend, chicken, black beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, chipotle chili, chicken broth & water. 3) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 6 minutes. 4) Vent with Quick Pressure Release. 5) Remove chicken breast, shred with 2 forks and return to the cooker.
Pair with a crisp Syrah rosé, iced tea or light Mexican beer.
Other recipes you might like