An adaptation from Silver Palate cookbook of this delicious sweet and savory chicken dish.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes
- 1/4 cup pitted Spanish green olives
- 1/4 cup capers with a little juice
- Coq au Vin blend
- 2 tbsp garlic (12 cloves) minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Slow Cook: 1) In a mixing bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar, prunes, olives, capers, Coq au Vin blend, garlic, salt & chicken. 2) Stir the sugar and wine into the chicken mixture; transfer mixture to the cooker. 3) Cover and cook on LOW: 7-8 hrs or HIGH: 3-4 hrs.
Overnight prep: Before step 2, cover and refrigerate the chicken mixture for a few hours or overnight. When ready to cook, stir in the sugar and wine and then follow step 3.
Other recipes you might like