A savory and filling dairy and gluten free chicken & wild rice soup.
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 cup (2 medium) carrots, diced
- 1 cup (1 small) onion, diced
- 1 cup (3) celery ribs, diced
- 1 tsp (2 cloves) garlic, minced
- Coq au Vin blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 3/4 lb skinless chicken breast
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup corn starch blended with 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cream (optional)
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat the oil in a skillet; add the carrot, onion, celery & garlic. 2) Soften gently over a medium heat for 3 minutes; transfer to cooker. 3) Stir in the Coq au Vin blend, salt and wild rice; top with chicken breast. 4) Pour chicken broth into cooker. 5) Stir, cover and cook on LOW: 6 hours or HIGH: 3 hours. 6) Remove the chicken to a plate; shred the chicken with 2 forks and return to pot. 7) Stir in the corn starch mixture to thicken.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat the oil on sauté function; add the carrot, onion, celery & garlic and soften gently for 3 minutes. 2) Stir in the Coq au Vin blend, salt and wild rice; top with chicken breast. 3) Pour chicken broth into pot. 4) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 15 minutes. 5) Leave to Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes after cooking, then Vent with Quick Pressure Release. 6) Stir in the corn starch mixture to thicken.
Stir in 1 cup of cream if desired at the end of cooking for a rich, creamy finish.
Other recipes you might like