Warm and healing carrot soup with a ginger punch. Dairy-free and gluten-free.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (1 small) onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1-1/2 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
- Indian Dal blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- For serving: 1/4 cup toasted almonds, sliced
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat the oil in a skillet; sauté onion and ginger for 3 minutes; transfer to cooker. 2) Stir in carrots, Indian Dal blend, salt & vegetable broth. 3) Cover and cook on LOW: 6 hours or HIGH: 2 ½ hrs.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat the oil on sauté function; add onion and ginger and sauté for 3 minutes. 2) Stir in carrots, Indian Dal blend, salt & vegetable broth. 3) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 6 minutes. 4) Vent with Quick Pressure Release.
Serve sprinkled with toasted almonds.
Other recipes you might like