An all-American classic Carolina Pulled Pork.
- 2-1/2 lbs pork shoulder
- Smoky BBQ blend
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar (½ cup cider vinegar + ½ cup water for pressure cooker)
- For serving: pretzel or brioche buns and coleslaw
Carolina dipping sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (2 fl oz) water
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash of tabasco
- Slow Cook: 1) Rub the pork with the Smoky BBQ blend; transfer to the cooker or refrigerate overnight. 2) Add the cider vinegar to the pork. 3) Cover and cook on LOW: 8-10 hours or HIGH: 5 hours. 4) Shred the pork in the cooker using 2 forks. 5) Mix the sauce ingredients in a jug or use your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Add the cider vinegar and water to the cooker. 2) Cut the pork into 3” x 3” cubes; rub with the Smoky BBQ blend and transfer to cooker. 3) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 90 minutes. 4) Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes, vent with Quick Pressure Release. 5) Remove the pork and shred using 2 forks; return to the juices in the cooker. 6) Mix the sauce ingredients in a jug or use your favorite BBQ sauce.
Serve on a toasted pretzel or brioche bun with sauce and a side of fresh coleslaw.
Pair with an India Pale Ale, fresh lemonade or tart hard cider.
Other recipes you might like