Chicken version of the classic Carolina pulled pork.
- 2-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Smoky BBQ blend
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar (½ cup cider vinegar + ½ cup water for Pressure Cook)
Dipping sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (2 fl oz) water
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash of tabasco
- For serving: pretzel or brioche buns & coleslaw
- Slow Cook: 1) Rub the chicken with the Smoky BBQ blend; transfer to the cooker (or refrigerate overnight). 2) Add the cider vinegar to the cooker. 3) Cover & cook on LOW: 7 hours or HIGH: 3 hours. 4) Shred the chicken in the cooker using 2 forks. 5) Mix the sauce ingredients in a jug
- Pressure Cook: 1) Add the cider vinegar & water to the pressure cooker. 2) Rub the chicken with the Smoky BBQ blend; transfer to the cooker. 3) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 12 minutes. 4) Remove the chicken and shred using 2 forks; return to the juices in the cooker. 5) Mix the sauce ingredients in a jug.
Serve on a toasted pretzel or brioche bun with sauce & a side of fresh coleslaw.
Pair with an India Pale Ale, fresh lemonade or tart hard cider.
Other recipes you might like