Save the stovetop and make this Thanksgiving side dish in your slow cooker.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 oz pancetta, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (1 medium) onion, diced
- 1/2 cup (1 medium) celery rib, diced
- 2 tsp (4 cloves) garlic, minced
- Coq Au Vin blend
- 1-1/2 cups (1 large) Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 cup (4 oz) Pecan pieces
- 5 cups stale sourdough bread, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat the oil in a skillet; add pancetta; sauté for 2 minutes. 2) Add the onion, celery and garlic to the skillet; sauté for 3 minutes more. 3) Transfer the mixture to the cooker; stir in the Coq au Vin blend, apple, pecans & bread. 4) Pour broth over mixture. 5) Stir, cover and cook on HIGH: 2 hours or LOW: 4 hours
Prep ahead the night before and store in the refrigerator until ready to cook the following day.
Other recipes you might like