A rich and hearty simple one-cooker soup, meat and dairy-free.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (1 small) onion, diced
- 1 cup (2 medium) carrots, diced
- 2 cups red lentils
- Smoky BBQ blend
- 1 x 14 oz can of tomatoes, diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth + 2 cups water
- For serving: Juice of one lemon, 1/4 cup fresh mint
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat the olive oil in a skillet; sauté onion and carrot for 3 minutes. 2) Transfer the onion mixture to the cooker. 3) Add the lentils, Smoky BBQ blend, tomatoes, broth & water. 4) Stir, cover and cook on LOW: 6-7 hrs / HIGH: 2½-3 hrs.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat the oil on sauté function; sauté onion and carrots for 3 minutes. 2) Add the lentils, Smoky BBQ blend, tomatoes, broth & water. 3) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 8 minutes. 4) Vent with Quick Pressure Release.
Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and fresh mint.
Pair with an aromatic and full bodied Verdejo white wine.
Other recipes you might like