Nourishing bowl of plant based goodness featuring red lentils and sweet potatoes topped with crunchy pumpkin seeds.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-½ cups (1 medium) onion, diced
- 2 tsp (4 cloves) garlic, minced
- Southwest Fiesta blend
- 1/2 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 14 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 4 cups (12oz) sweet potato, peeled ½” diced
- 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- For serving: 3 cups cooked rice, sliced avocado, pumpkin seeds, cilantro, lime wedges
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat the oil in a skillet; cook the onions and garlic for 2 minutes; transfer to cooker. 2) Stir in the Southwest Fiesta blend, lentils, garbanzo beans, sweet potato, diced tomatoes & water. 3) Cover and cook on LOW: 8 hours or HIGH: 3 hours.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat the oil on sauté function; cook the onions and garlic for 2 minutes; transfer to cooker. 2) Stir in the Southwest Fiesta blend, lentils, garbanzo beans, sweet potato, diced tomatoes & water. 3) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 6 minutes. 4) Vent with Quick Pressure Release.
Switch out the rice for another high fiber grain such as quinoa or whole grain couscous.
Substitute the garbanzo beans with a 15 oz can black beans
Other recipes you might like