An Italian classic and a family favorite. Simple, versatile, marinara sauce.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (1 small) onion, diced
- 1 cup (2 ribs) celery, diced
- 1 cup (2 medium) carrots, diced
- 2 tsp (4 cloves) garlic, minced
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz) red wine
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Tuscan blend
- For serving: spaghetti and parmesan cheese
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat the oil in a skillet; add onion, celery, carrot & garlic and cook for 3 minutes; transfer to cooker. 2) Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine, brown sugar, salt & Tuscan blend. 3) Cover and cook on LOW: 8 hours or HIGH: 4 hours. 4) Stir into cooked spaghetti.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat the oil on sauté function; add onion, celery, carrot & garlic and cook for 3 minutes. 2) Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine, brown sugar, salt & Tuscan blend. 3) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 12 minutes. 4) Vent with Quick Pressure Release. 5) Stir into cooked spaghetti.
Serve with a glass of Merlot, a bold red wine.
Other recipes you might like