A rich and savory one pot bean & sausage supper with crunchy breadcrumb topping
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 lb mild Italian sausages, halved
- 1 cup (1 small) red onion, diced
- 1 cup (2 medium) carrots, diced
1 cup (2) celery ribs, diced
- 1-1/2 tsp (3 cloves) garlic, minced
- 14 oz can tomatoes, diced
- 2 x 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained
- Provençale blend
- 1/3 cup (2.5 fl oz) red wine *optional substitute chicken broth
- 1 cups (8 fl oz) chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- for serving: 1 cup toasted bread crumbs
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat the oil in a medium sized skillet; brown the sausage pieces for 2 minutes. 2) Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. 3) Transfer mixture to the cooker. 4) Stir in the tomatoes, beans, Provençale blend, wine & chicken broth. 5) Cover & cook on LOW: 8 hours or HIGH: 3 1/2 hours.
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat the oil on sauté function; brown the sausage pieces for 2 minutes. 2) Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. 3) Stir in the tomatoes, beans, Provençale blend, wine & chicken broth. 4) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 15 minutes. 5) Vent with Quick Pressure Release.
Pair with a Pinot Noir red wine.
Other recipes you might like