A comforting and curry forward recipe that cooks low and slow all day.
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups (1 medium) onion, small dice
- 2 tsp (4 cloves) garlic, minced
- Indian Dal blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup red lentils, washed and picked over
- 14.5 oz can garbanzos
- 14.5 oz can tomatoes, diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- For serving: naan bread to serve
- Slow Cook: 1) Heat oil in a skillet on medium; sauté onion for 2 minutes, stir in garlic and turn off. 2) Transfer onion mixture to cooker. 3) Sprinkle the Indian Dal blend; add salt, red lentils, garbanzos, tomatoes, coconut milk, & broth. 4) Stir, cover and cook on LOW: 6 hours or HIGH: 2 1/2-3 hours. (This soup can be left for up to 9 hours on low!)
- Pressure Cook: 1) Heat oil on sauté function low; soften onion for 2 minutes 2) Turn sauté off & stir in the garlic. 3) Stir in the Indian Dal blend; add salt, red lentils, garbanzos, tomatoes, coconut milk, & broth. 4) Secure cooker lid and set pressure valve to Sealing. 5) Cook on Manual/Pressure for 5 minutes. 6) Vent with Quick Pressure Release.
- Dutch Oven: 1) Heat oil in the Dutch Oven on medium; soften onion for 2 minutes, stir in garlic. 2) Sprinkle the Indian Dal blend; add salt, red lentils, garbanzos, tomatoes, coconut milk, & broth. 4) Stir, cover and bubble gently on low-medium heat for 20 minutes.
Additions: stir in a couple of handfuls of spinach at the end of cooking
Storage: store in the refrigerator, covered for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to 6 months in an airtight container. Freeze in the perfect single portions using Soupercubes.
Other recipes you might like